Top 8 Asheville Home Remodeling Mistakes
1) Buying Cheap Materials-One of the biggest mistakes that people make when it comes to home remodeling is that they try to be cheap when they buy materials. The bottom line is, you're going to get what you pay for.
2) Inaccurate Measurements Nancy Soriano, former editor in chief of Country Living magazine says, "I can't emphasize enough how an inch or even sometimes a half an inch can make a difference. And if your dimensions are off and it's not equal and symmetrical, you're not going to get the full impact and effect that you want. If you're not sure about how to measure or you can't follow the directions, don't hesitate at all to call somebody. Ask them to come over and take the measurement for you."
3) Skipping the Prep Work If you are going to remodel, do it the right way. Take the time to prep the areas you are renovating. You'll thank yourself in the long run.
4) Using the Wrong Tools "There are really three problems with using the wrong tool: You can wreck the tool, you can wreck the project you're working on and you can wreck yourself," notes Spike Carelsen, former executive editor of Family Handyman.
5) Building a Small Bathroom If you need a small bathroom, pick the right fixtures.
6) Ignoring Lighting The lighting in your home and completely change the color, feeling, and design of a room or renovated space.
7) Going to Trendy Choosing the in the moment materials can be a costly mistake if you choose to resale in the future.
8) Building Small Doorways Functional doorway design is key for moving furniture, accessing rooms or closets, and resale appeal.