Eco-Inspired Accessories For Your Home
- Bamboo - A poster child for environmentally friendly accessorizing. It’s green, sustainable, strong, plentiful and profitable. With the reputation of nearly indestructable, these tough stalks can survive in vases of pure water or in soil, and in a wide variety of lighting conditions. If you have a green thumb or not, this lucky plant compliments any style.
Design Tip- Create a natural wall in an open space by clustering in antique vases or jugs.
- Soy Candles- The majority of candles today are made with Paraffin wax, a petroleum by-product or a combination of both. Soy is biodegradable, a renewable resource, and from a global point of view, it helps support our U.S. economy. Soy is non-toxic and less likely to trigger allergies.
Design Tip- Enhance natural mood lighting or sensory enjoyment in any space!
- Green Plants- Add some green inside! Not only do they look beautiful, they purify the air! Research has shown that these 10 plants are the most effective all-around in counteracting off-gassed chemicals and contributing to balanced internal humidity:Areca palm, Reed palm, Dwarf date palm, Boston fern, Janet Craig dracaena, English ivy, Australian sword fern, Peace Lily and Rubber plant.
Design Tip: freshen up your laundry or bath room.
- Sustainable Manufactured Linens - A popular choice as more and more people are seeking a healthier more eco-friendly home. Alternative fiber such as bamboo, hemp and legna are good for the environment and feel good next to your skin. Natural fibers come from the earth and include cotton, however cotton is often systematicaly grown with harsh chemicals and non-sustainable growing methods, you will want to make sure you are choosing organic materials.
Design Tip- compliment your linens with a silky bamboo throw.
- Organic Produce - Freshen your kitchen with a stack of organic produce, add color and decor to any kitchen countertop. Not only will your local farmers market be happy, your body will thank you to. Having fresh organic produce at your fingertips may inspire healthier eating habits for the entire household.
Design Tip: Oranges bring natural energy to neutral color schemes!